Saturday, May 10, 2014

ROAD TRIP!!!

So it's been a couple days since I have posted something but I was really just waiting on something to post about and ladies and gentleman do I have a quick story for you which I will describe via a timeline showcasing our crazy adventure last night! Hopefully this post doesn't go on for too long but it is worth a read.

8:00 AM - I leave for work, knowing this will be a short day I have a smile on my face and prance like Snow White gathering animals to clean the house.

10:30 AM - Decided to leave work, nothing going on and I really didn't feel like wasting valuable time.

11:30 AM - I make it home, Heather is still getting everything together for our trip to Alabama, I take over feeding the girls while she gets dressed and finished up packing.

3:00 PM - We both tag team feeding the girls, everything is packed and ready to go, all that is left is to feed them, put them in their car seats and hit the road!

4:16 PM - Girls are loaded, vehicle is packed. Let the road trip begin!

Image

Image


7:00 PM - We decide to pull over and feed the girls at the Love's Truck Stop at Exit 208 in Alabama, if anything causes us trouble it will be feeding the girls in the van, outside.

8:00 PM - Everything went perfect! Who would have thought that the girls would have sat quietly in the van for 3 hours without pitching any fits then all 4 of them take their whole bottle without much issue. This trip couldn't be any easier or perfect (This proved to be a huge jinx).

8:30 PM - Every single light in the van comes on, we think maybe a door could be ajar or something, I decide to pull off in Warrior, AL to check the doors.

8:45 PM - I pull into the Shell station and cut the vehicle off, open every door and close them back up, hope in the van and go to start it *click* *click* *click*... I look at Heather and tell her this is not going to be good.

9:00 PM - I just opened the hood up and saw smoke and smelled something burning, I have deduced that our starter just decided to give up on us, doom and despair wash over me as I now realize I have stranded my family in BFE with nothing.

9:15 PM - I come to realization that GEICO is absolutely useless, decide when I get home to switch back to USAA when I return home.

9:30 PM - We meet a group of "country boys" who have an idea. Their idea sets the engine on fire...

10:30 PM - Father-In Law to the rescue, He just left to come grab us up from BFE.

12:00 AM - All the babies are once again fed and now loaded up in the new vehicle, we transfer all of our stuff and once again begin the journey.

1:30 AM - We have finally reached our destination. I bring everything into the house and literally pass out on the bed.

The trip has finally come to it's end. What use to be a 5 hour trip for Heather and I, and what should have been a 7 hour trip for us this time ended up being a 9 hour trip... I am just glad it's over for now. My next adventure will be heading back out to the van and replace the starter tonight.

If there is anything else that I learned from this was that I know without a doubt I have a very resilient woman in the entire world. She literally handled the situation last night better than I could have ever imagined.

Daddy Day Care Tip #6 Make sure before going on a trip with 10 week old quadruplets, or really any babies at all make sure you double and triple check everything! Even things you wouldn't think to check make sure to check them. I know that now because of this I will probably take 5 hours pre-planning on every trip we ever take from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment