Saturday, May 10, 2014

Aliens... BBQ... Family...

What other day could possible take all three of those words and bring them together? That's right! You guessed it! It's Independence Day, Happy 4th of July everyone!

Just thought I would go ahead and post early this morning because not only is it pouring here but I predict that the remainder of this day will be filled with food and showing everyone our babies who may have not seen them over the last couple of days.

I sat here this morning trying to stay awake so I could feed the girls (Just so you know I failed miserably at this task :-( ) wondering what could I possibly write about and it dawned on me that since so many people get brought together on this day why don't I talk about family. Truth be told I have not been the best role model when it comes to a model family, I have made many mistakes growing up as they did and it has created a very fractured foundation which really holds on by just a thread.

Heather on the other hand at least in my eyes is a perfect example of a strong family foundation, it has it's flaws here and there but show me one that doesn't lol. Which why I am on this let me show you a quick picture showing 4 generations of here family with these baby girls.

Image

Here you have great grandmother, grandmother, mother and all 4 baby girls. It's these moments in life that for some they never get to experience yet fighting all the odds of even making it here for this vacation we got to bring them all together which for me was an amazing experience!

I hearken back to my younger days when the word "family" was a fleeting one with me, wasn't said much and I really didn't put much behind it, Heather was the one person that really put things to light for me and showed me that family is something that is actually needed. I am really coming around to the idea which is awesome though sometimes I still feel like family is almost like car insurance. It's better to have it and not need it, Then need it and not have it. Because god only knows when something so traumatic happens that you just need help and no matter what family will always be there over friends.

So on this glorious day, and I really hope that when you read this it's nice and sunny and not pouring like it is here but I really hope you have a glorious day. Just grab someone and tell them how grateful you are to know them, hug and kiss every person of your family you run into. Just make today full of as much love as humanly possible.

Daddy Day Care Tip #7 Family, family, family. I can't really stress it enough. This is something that I feel should be instilled in your kids as much as possible. No matter how big or small, whole or fractured I think it needs to be worked on. Kids should be able to look in any direction and see a familiar face and a helping hand. So my real tip would be just get to know your family so your children can get to know their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment